Monday, October 22, 2012

why rosalynvintage?

rosalynvintage is the name of my re-opened shop at etsy.com, a community of artist and a creative marketplace with amazing handmade & vintage products. I am a member since 2010 and have been researching and playing with my arts & crafts all these time. Last June I started making my lavender pillows again and decided to set up shop at etsy after a warm reception and encouragement from my family and friends. Here are some photo of my featured items.






I must confess, I love silk and lavender. I dream of having a lavender fields one day. I think vintage silk are fab, may it be a vintage silk kimono, vintage silk scarf or cravat or a vintage neckties; they are all fun to create lavender pillows from. They have amazing prints and patterns. It could get pricey but still way much better than those overpriced, commercialized new silk in the fabric store. I would like to imagine that my silk fabrics  finds from the thrift stores are well loved pieces and greatly cared for by its previous owner. They could have gone places or to family gatherings with this pieces and now that I have them I can transform it again to its new purpose and glory.
I offer free shipping for local orders (San Francisco) area. Custom made order are welcome, discount is available for orders of 5 pillows or more. If you have questions, ask me here or via my shop or email me at rosalynvintage@gmail.com, I would be happy to hear from you. 

No comments: