Saturday, November 17, 2012

Why Lavender Silk Pillows?


French lavender fields have been fascinating me for a while, so much so that I started planting lavender around the mountain house. I hope to visit those fields one day but for now its all just a dream. But oh I love the lavender scent. And I thought of having that dream and scent transformed into a tangible, functional and luxurious piece that can be enjoyed in the now.
Hence, the lavender silk pilows. It started with one and my husband who had difficulty sleeping in one position used it, gave me feedback and asked for specific measurements not only to be used as neck pillows but also as body shims, bolster and shoulder stabilizer. Then a friend asked me to custom made lavender silk pillows for her to give as gifts on Holidays of 2011.
Then from that I continued collecting vintage silk scarf, cravat and vintage silk kimono fabrics as well as practice using a sewing machine. I also sourced the best   dried lavender flowers and high quality flaxseeds. I experimented on different size and weight of lavender silk pillows. By October this year I'm ready to re-open my rosalynvintage shop at etsy  http://www.etsy.com/shop/rosalynvintage?ref=si_shop with my created lavender silk pillows on sale. It carries, lavender eye silk pillows, lavender neck pillows, lavender body pillows and lavender drawer sachets.
 Lavender Silk Body Pillow
Lavender Silk Neck Pillow
 Lavender and Rose Drawer Sachets
 Lavender Silk Eye Pillow

Making this craft and sharing it out is very therapeutic from an artist/healer perspective. It is in a way a form of an art/craft therapy as well as my humble share in stimulating the economy. I am proud to say I am a small start up business. Currently I have one Creative Assistant, Melissa who comes once a week, twice a month. We are having fun most of the time while we sush out product labels and packaging, social media usage and fabric choices.

I hope that my pillows will bring a smile and will be of help to anyone who purchase to use it or recieves it as a gift. Its as functional and as luxurious as it is as affordable. After all, it is inspired by a field of dreamy lavender silk flowers that evoke luxurious escape to a faraway place in one breath now.


4 comments:

Momi S said...


these are so nice to have. and the fabric you used are amazing. i'm sure it will be a great christmas gift. i'l share this on my fb and twitter.

Momi S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RosalynMC said...

Thank you Sarah Sunshine, I'm glad you liked the my blog and my fabric choices, I appreciate your sharing my link to your fb and twitter, so nice of you.
Happy Thanksgiving :)

tanu sharma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.