Saturday, October 4, 2008

Start up

Where to begin? First, thanks to Tekk for his cool and inspiring blogspot. Second, I'm venturing into this sphere as a testdrive for my friend Lorelyn who is in Singapore right now and also in the fresh launching pad of her life. I think thats where I would like to begin, the fresh launching pad stage, the start up or the reset button.



So, after three years in a cycle of credential evaluation, examination registrations, reviews, sitting on 500 items exam for 5 hours then failing three times--then sitting in for a 200 items exam for 4 hours once and passing it, sitting in law of practice twice and passing it...I finally made it! Thanks so very much to the neverending support of my loving husband, Jeff and our friends and family. After all those years of career uncertainty after finishing my bachelor degree in 1998-then the refresher in 2002, amidst great expectations and draining accounts. Finally, this state license I hold as PTAssistant is the keystone to reinforce my career trajectory. I'm excited as ever!



Oddly enough a handful of friends are also in the same pace of start up as I do. There's Lo and Kat in Singapore, Myles and her family in Canada, Vanj and Ecs in Naga, Beth in Oakland, Mareul in LA, Ate Pinx in Florida, Belle in Tucson and Tekk in Texas. YES we CAN!!! The companies and organization that I've worked for are also in big reset. Healthy Options, Inc. is expanding and growing in an unprecedented history of a health & lifestyle business in the Philippines. The Sports Medicine Shop at Saint Francis Memorial Hospital is in its historic reset button too, after 15 years in of serving the medical communities and patients in San Francisco and the rest of the country. For the economy's sake, lets keep the Shop alive. I'm glad to be their part-time consultant doing the gap connections and crucial mess clean-up.

The country, and by that I mean the United States of America is in the process of a huge start up. A fresh launching pad is set for the voters on November and the need for the qualified and competent agent of change could not be emphasized more. More than ever, the country and the world demands for the "change we need."

Finally, after the death of my one and only brother last December, I and my family is slowly adjusting to a reset moment. The gaping absence is carefully being balanced by faith and love, wisdom and strenght. With great pride I dedicate my current career achievement to my brother, Zandro "Martz" Martirez, who shared to me the values of planning, flexibility and persistence. This one is for you Don.

1 comment:

Dream BIG said...

Congratulations Rosalyn! By the way, love the title Poems and Therapy! I agree with your analogy that this is somewhat of a 'launching pad' or in a sense hitting a 'reset' button, for the individuals you named, as well as, the country we live in. I like your writing style and look forward to reading more.

-The Dreamer